Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Still Reading....

Ok, so I'm only about halfway through with Harry Potter.....we shall blame this on my sister! Maybe, she's not entirely to blame, but she did drag (well, I guess I volunteered) my mother and I to Ikea on Sunday. Ikea is never a short adventure, but this time we were there for 3 hours!! At least an hour of which was spent trying to figure out my sister's curtain needs! To be fair though, Ikea has lots of new stuff, most of which is super cute and I needed to review my kitchen options once again! Oh and we (Kellie and I) had to search for our mother often (she's prone to wandering away) and of course found her one time chatting it up with some Ethan Allen drapery lady...how my mother makes business connections everywhere she goes, I will never know!

After Ikea, we had to stop at Target so my sister could buy a drill to hang all her new purchases....this is where the adventure went awry! My mother went home and I stayed to help Kellie hang curtains and shelving....I will save you the details, but let's just say we had nothing but mishaps for the rest of the night and I headed home around 10 pm with none of Kellie's projects completed!

As for yesterday, the lovely no work until afternoon Mondays, I spent much of the morning making dinner for later, washing and putting on new sheets (which I love) and cleaning up the scrap area in an effort to make it cute so I can post the often requested pictures of my space for Miss Andrea. I'm afraid I have more work to do before it looks less like I creative tornado and more like a cute little crafty room....

I'm now off to work. I shall be bringing HP with me and hoping for a last minute cancellation so I can keep reading....doubtful, although I had a no show yseterday... here's to wishful thinking!

3 comments:

Silvia July 24, 2007 at 3:01 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvitanova July 24, 2007 at 3:02 PM  

LOL! We went to IKEA to, last sunday! It was so crowded, here in Amsterdam. There were jam's at the childrens and kitchen area, terrible! But.. their stuff rocks (if it's available, because the chair that we've wanted wasen't :-(
Have a great day!

Princess Jessie Pants July 24, 2007 at 5:13 PM  

Portland's IKEA opens TOMORROW!! That's right folks - tomorrow is the day. I will be no where NEAR that place for at least 2 weeks...I hope. :)

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP