Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday Love and Recipe

Ok, so I'm really liking my new Monday summer schedule....no kiddos until 3:45! I will see 3 kids this afternoon. This is a big change from my usual 10 hour days. I'm hoping to keep the Monday and possible Friday half day thing when school starts too. This of course means I will be working some on Saturday though. Darn school...most of the kids I see are school aged, which means they can't have therapy until after school, usually after 3:00...means I generally work until 7:00 pm. However, since I am home this morning, I can enjoy a relaxing wake up routine that includes coffee drunk at home and not in the car, pajamas, and blog surfing.

I had a good weekend that included drinks at Rula Bula and Sushi at RA with Leo and Megan on Friday night, scrapping, Live Earth concert on TV and LGO pizza with my sister on Saturday and a relaxing Sunday (well if you don't count the 6 loads of laundry) playing with pictures, cooking and reading. I did in fact ignore the usual grocery trip yesterday, which meant I needed to get creative with dinner. This is when it comes in handy that I don't often cook from a written recipe and rather just throw things in as I see fit. I am also pretty good at recreating recipes I have had at restaurants...so that and a decent amount of veggies and cheese in our fridge inspired our yummy dinner last night. I made my version of a veggie flatbread sandwich I had in San Diego. Turned out quite good I think!

Roasted Veggie Sandwich

pizza dough (I made my own pizza dough using a Wolfgang Puck recipe)
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1/2 sweet onion
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
4 cloves of garlic
3-4 mushrooms, sliced
goat cheese
provolone cheese

Heat oven to 450. Slice veggies (except mushrooms) and garlic thinly and place on baking sheet. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 20-30 minutes, until soft. You can also preheat your pizza stone, if desired. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces and roll into flat circles. Spread goat cheese onto one half of each circle. Spoon veggies on top of goat cheese. Add a few mushrooms to each and top with a couple slices of provolone cheese. Fold other half of each circle over the cheese layer to make a sandwich (looks like a calzone, but don't seal edges). Place on pizza stone or baking sheet and bake at 500 for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and brush tops with olive oil. Slice in half to serve.

This will make 4 large sandwiches. I do think some fresh basil would be nice too, but sadly I have no basil in the garden this year...

Enjoy!

4 comments:

caroline July 9, 2007 at 12:11 PM  

sounds like you had a fun weekend! :)
i'll have to try that recipe!

Anonymous July 9, 2007 at 1:36 PM  

Thanks for the recipe. Love your site.

Yvonne

Silvitanova July 9, 2007 at 3:22 PM  

Hmm, that sounds very tastefull. Must try that!
Mornings are the best, when you can slow down!

Alex Hardy July 10, 2007 at 2:00 PM  

HIYA erin!

wanted to give you a craZy *SHOUT OUT*
if ya haven't seen yet, you are a winna over at breanne's bloggy.

so *awesome*!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP