Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fun with felt

I've been playing with felt and embroidery floss a lot lately. I'm loving all the fun things I can make with felt. I've been making ornaments and embellishments and coming up with all kinds of felty ideas. In fact, playing with felt is challenge number 3 in Scrapgal's 12 Days of Christmas Contest. You should go check it out and play along. Here are some ornaments I've made:



I started making stars, not sure what I was going to do with them and later decided they'd make a cute garland. I'm still working on this one and think I will be adding stars for awhile, but it's turning out super cute and matches my tree skirt and my new felt star tree topper quite nicely.


I'm trying to decided if I want to add embellishments like the word embroidering or buttons to all the stars or just a few of them...I'm thinking a few of them, but who knows what I'll decide...


I've also been making a lot of flower embellishments out of paper and felt. Here are some of the felt ones I've been creating:




Don't be surprised if you see felt popping up on my scrappy pages, as I think I am officially addicted!

5 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants December 13, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

How cute is that!? I love it! Makes me want to play... ;)

Bekka December 13, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

These are so cute! Great job!

Karen December 13, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

cute flowers....thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

Helsbells December 14, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

Those are very cute. I have some felt decorations that I bought - I really should make some too.

Nicole December 14, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

LOVE the felt flowers! You should sell those - they are cuter than the ones I've seen in the shops ;)

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP