Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dreaming

So I should be studying, but instead all I want to do is surf baby stuff and nursery galleries.I already had a couple color schemes in mind for the baby's room, depending on boy or girl. Now that we know we are have a sweet little boy, my wheels have really started turning. I've pretty much decided on white furniture, gray walls (I may keep the color that's already in the room, which is a slate blue/gray color) and fun, cheery accent colors. I'm thinking turquoise, yellow and red...but we'll see where my dreaming takes me.

This week I order some yummy blue sky alpacas organic cotton yarn (on sale) for yet another baby blanket I plan on knitting. The one I'm working on now is a sweet lacy pattern in a nice apple green. It's about 1/3 of the way done. But, once I saw this blanket, I knew I had to add this to my "to knit" list:


Here are the colors I'll be making this blanket in:



The green may or may not be included...I debated about orange too, but decided I'd hit my budget with 5 yarns.

Here are a few other things inspiring my nursery ideas:

Lots of prints. Like this one:


and this one:

and this one (though not as bright of colors as I'd like):


This mobile:


This cute guy and other fun stuff found here (thanks Em):


This bookshelf:


This arrangement:



and a growing file on my pinterest here.

The baby madness has really only begun around here. Apparently its contagious too, as the grandmas and aunties are probably worse than I am. Have I researched strollers and high chairs and carseats and important functional stuff...um no. But this is so much more fun!

4 comments:

Kelly L. February 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your soon-to-be-here little guy. Boys are the BEST! And now with all the gorgeous grays and brights, decorating his space will be so fun! Love those alphabets too!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties February 26, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

I'm so glad you posted your Pinterest account ;). I can now follow along with your nursery whims. I feel like I need a nursery board just for the sweetness. SO many great ideas. I love your color choices!!

Happy Weekend!

Barb February 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

Hooray for baby madness - especially baby decorating madness!

justem February 26, 2011 at 4:53 PM  

Decorating is the BEST. I like the yarn colors...if it were me I'd swap the red for orange. I'm all about the orange. ;)

And I'm totally a Petit Collage junkie. If I ever won the lottery I'd get some of her more expensive pieces!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP