Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

Here's some bits of my weekend.

Friday we had a half day because of parent teacher conference week. I had a ton of stuff I should be doing, but decided to have a little fun. Soon after I got home, I finished this page (I actually started it at 7:40 in the morning before leaving for work). It's based on last week's Sunday sketch at SC:


Then I got to work on some valentine garlands. I'd punched a whole ton of scallops and hearts a couple weeks ago with this project in mind:


I may have made 5 of them and still have plenty more to play with



After a bit of paper fun, Shawn and I headed to an evening movie since I was home early. We saw The Rite. Interesting, but not as good as I thought it would be. We headed home after the movie since Shawn's stomach was bothering him and I spent the rest of the night in bed with the laptop and some tv. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep early.

Saturday I should have been working on my grad school paper (that was due today) and cleaning the house, but instead, I spend way too much time looking at CHA related posts online and doing other nonsense. I had a music therapy client around lunch time and wasted a good hour at Super Target after seeing her. Came home and had some more Valentine fun:



Did some laundry and scrapped a page for a challenge at SC. I lifted the fabulous Tina:


And took a bunch of self portrait, mirror shots for another SC challenge that I've yet to get around to. While I was at it, I decided to take a belly shot, since it's been requested by some. This is the best I could do. Don't mind my grumpy looking face, I seriously took about 87 pictures before I got one that was even remotely acceptable. Not the best picture, but you get the idea...a little bump has begun to poke out:


Sunday was spent working on my stupid paper. ALL DAY, 8:30-5, with the exception of switching laundry and making cupcakes for dinner at my parents, was spent writing. It didn't get finished either, which made me grumpy this morning when I woke up and realized a still had a lot of work to do by the end of today. Luckily, I rushed out of work as soon as the kids left and managed to get the paper finished and submitted by 6pm tonight. Phew. I'm usually not a procrastinator and had no idea this paper would take me so long. I usually write pretty quickly. I'll be sure and get back to my plan ahead ways before my next paper. I'm not a fan of unnecessary stress.

Had dinner at my parents last night because this one's hubs was in town on business. It was pretty fun, but I stayed up way too late. That along with the tossing and turning caused by the stress of unfinished work and I'm pretty much ready for bed any minute now. Before I go, here's another page I did last weekend that I never got around to photographing or posting.

4 comments:

Nicole January 31, 2011 at 10:57 PM  

Thoughts:
1) Did Jessie steal the garland idea from you or the other way around? Either way - they are so cute!

2) I just did a page with the same E pic except my caption was "patootie." I 'spose we're in agreement.

3) "Bump?" Your "bump" is most people's post-diet goal! But I totally endorse the documentation - you might be glad for it some day.

4) LOVE YOU!

justem February 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

Love all the valentine's goodies and the layouts! You are going to totally be one of those cute skinny pregnant girls with the basketball under her shirt look. ;) I am NOT that girl!

Princess Jessie Pants February 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM  

LOVEEEE this post! LOVE the LO of E & the one of us girls - soooo fun! I put my heart garland on my bathroom mirror - love it too!! Thank you for the fun gifties - made my day. :)

Your bump is too cute.

Barb February 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

Love it all - love the layouts and the Valentines crafting and the bump.

What a great weekend!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP