Monday, March 9, 2009

Today in pictures

Because I need to take more everyday pictures and because I just felt like playing with my camera, I've decided to post today in pictures. Now keep in mind that none of these photos are edited, although that's another thing I should spend some time playing around with.

This morning started with a phone call on my new pretty phone:


The work call woke me from a pretty deep sleep around 7:30 and I got up about 10 minutes later. I promptly plopped myself on the couch with my laptop and the Today show with no intention of moving anywhere for awhile. Unfortunately, I remembered I needed to finish the laundry before we switched from off peak electricity hours to peak hours. So for the next few hours my couch time was interrupted by this:


About 11 or so I decided Shawn wasn't going to eat anymore of those bananas as they were starting to be more brown than yellow, so I made this:


I tried a new recipe from this cookbook. It has a nice brown sugar and cinnamon flavor, which is a nice twist on my typical banana bread recipe. Yum!

Off and on throughout the day I've been picking up this little project to add a few rows:


This hat is a gift for a baby shower in a couple of weeks. It's looking pretty cute, although if I make another one with this yarn I will use smaller needles. If I didn't have to go to work to do a make-up session this afternoon, I would have stayed on the couch and finished this little guy up today. Maybe I'll get it done while watching Heroes tonight.

Sadly, my domestic bliss afternoon was interrupted by a 40 minute drive to see one of my kiddos since I missed him last Thursday when I lost my voice. I spent about 45 of our 90 minute session explaining how he needed to "use nice words," "make good choices," "think about his body," "put on his listening ears" and "follow directions" in order to earn his 4 tokens for music therapy, his piano time and his Vitamin Water. He earned 2 tokens. After leaving his house, I stopped at Whole Foods for a couple items and headed home in the beginnings of rush hour traffic.

Once home, I discovered a fabulous brown package from Studio Calico on my doorstep and headed inside to open it up and marvel at it's beauty. I had to cut the product fondling short to get to work on this no knead bread so it would be ready in time for dinner:



While it was rising, I started a pot of lentil soup. Now it was about 70 degrees here today, probably not soup weather, but I'm still not feeling myself and a nice pot of soup and homemade bread just sounded good to me.


I just pulled the bread out of the oven and once it's cooled a bit I'm ready to sit down with my yummy dinner. Unfortunately, I've still got this waiting for me in my bedroom:


Hope your Monday was good!

9 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants March 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Okay...I try really hard not to be a jealous girl - but the blackberry is killing me & pink? Come on... :) Glad you have it - next time I see you can I make a call from it!?! Just one, maybe two? Or three? :)

From the looks of your photos it looks like you had a very nice day - I know otherwise, but still. I like your new banner! Which reminds me, I need to update mine...

xoxo

Unknown March 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

What a great day, and I love that blackberry. I'm pushing for one for mother's day!

Houston March 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

I just love your ideas, I am totally going to have to do this soon. Sorry the session wasn't the best, hope that your cute new phone helped to cheer you though, love that pink!

Lauren March 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

I love that phone! I'm jealous too! mmmm how was lentil soup? I've tried making that! I forgot to rinse the beans!!!!

Anne Alley March 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

Your soup looks so yummy! And homemade bread, after knitting and line drying? You are a domestic goddess :)

Leigh Penner March 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Great pictures, Erin!
I love how diverse you are in your craftiness!

Unknown March 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

What a great way to share your day!
Have a fab weekend!

Breanne Crawford March 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

that hat is SERIOUSLY cute. you should sell some ;)

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties March 20, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I forgot to comment, but I loved this post. A sweet little look into your life.

And you know you probably just about send Jessie into labor when she saw your pink Blackberry (jealousy can do that to a girl)!!

What bread recipe did you use? My no-knead takes 24 hours!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP