Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend of "Want To"

This weekend I

  • Got a pedicure
  • went to Target twice
  • spent a lot of time on the internet
  • knit
  • read
  • hung out with Shawn
  • hung out with Mom and Kellie
  • scrapped a page and half
  • worked on Create 09
  • hung out with Jack and Andrea
  • went to the track to watch Shawn and Jack race
  • ate Lemon Ricotta pancakes at Wildflower
  • chatted at Scrapgal and Studio Calico
  • went to Summer Winds nursery
  • turned soil
  • yanked out roots from the dreaded mint infestation
  • potted flowers
  • did laundry
  • enjoyed some eye candy on GCD Studios new blog
  • almost bought a full cart of sale stuff from Heidi Swapp's site, but than remembered I need clothes that fit far more than I need MORE scrap stuff
  • surfed etsy
This weekend I did not
  • vacuum
  • mop floors
  • dust
  • put away clean laundry
  • clean bathrooms
  • work on my taxes
  • take things to Goodwill
  • make Shawn clean up his messes
  • go to the grocery store
  • pick up my prescription
  • put away mail and bills
Are you noticing the trend here? Granted, I still have tomorrow to get some of these things done. I'm guessing some of these to do's will have to wait though, as my garden and scrap room sound so much more appealing. I wonder how many more meals I can scrounge up from what we still have in the freezer, fridge and pantry? I did pretty good tonight with a spinach pie created from some puff pastry and frozen spinach from the freezer and feta, parsley, mushrooms and potatoes from the fridge.

Hope your weekend was full of things you wanted to do rather than things you needed to do.

12 comments:

Silvitanova March 16, 2009 at 2:23 AM  

So, I did almost everything what you did NOT (including the taxes of my mother and brother!)...but you've had so much more fun!

Sweet Peripety March 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

ha! i love your post! it is a great reminder to enjoy life!!!!!!

Rita March 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

Sounds like a good weekend! I put off cleaning for some fun stuff too :)

Anne Alley March 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

It sounds like you had the weekend you needed to have :)

Lauren March 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

wanted & did: make cards, read a book, take a nap, surf the web, photo triage for LOM, walk the dog, get some sunshine

did NOT want & did anyway: cooked, laundry, pick up around house

didn't go: mop floors or balance checkbook

great lil post!

Davinie Fiero March 16, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I hope you finished your list. I am certainly in the same boat as you as far as the "not done" list. Dang it. We need to hire someone.

Kimberly March 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Sounds like a perfect week for me! LOL...love the not done list...hehehe.
xoxo
Loves,
Kimberly

Denise March 16, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

We have very similar did and did not lists. It was fun, wasn't it? OK...going to go clean now. Dang.

Unknown March 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

My weekend was quite relaxing, and I didn't cross much off my 'to-do' list, but I sure enjoyed it! Sounds like your weekend was great, too!

*Paula* March 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Hey, that sounds like a fun, busy weekend. For the record I didn't do any house stuff either and I'm ok with that. :)

Alex Hardy March 16, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

you're such a great list-maker.
my skills are lacking in that department.

sounds like a fantastic weekend!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties March 20, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Uhm, that sounds like a perfectly lovely weekend to me. Good thing you weren't in Oregon ... aside from Kristi's shower, it was work, work, work!! :) Of course it was fun to do the work, but if you'd been there we would have told Jessie we were too busy scrapping. I need a weekend with you just so I get some scrapping done. Want to come over? I'll make you delicious treats ... and it's still a bit cool here so you can get some use out of your sweaters a bit more! :).

There's always tomorrow for all that boring "have to" stuff!!

Hope this weekend is just as great!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP