Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas goodies

Finally getting around to posting my card for 52 Card Scrap Up. The prompt from Andrea was "favorite holiday decoration." I had a hard time deciding on this one, so I just went with trees in general. I love Christmas trees of all kinds and have a growing collection of little trees that I put up each year. Am hoping to add a tree to our bedroom this year, still haven't decided what I want though. Here's the front of my card:


Here's the back of the card:


I also managed to get moving on my Christmas journal. I wanted to do this last year, but never got around to it. I've been stockpiling supplies for a few weeks, but hadn't started working on it until this weekend. I think it was the fabulous December kit from Studio Calico that got me inspired to work on it. I started it last night and finished all the pre-made pages for the whole month. Today I worked on filling in the first week of December and got it done up until today. I plan on adding pictures, but haven't printed any off yet. I can easily slip those in later. I used some of the SC kit and a lot of things from my stash to create this book. Can't wait to keep working on it as the month progresses. Here's the front cover:


Page one is just some quick journaling as to why I wanted to create this little mini.


I had to start the month off with some Starbucks ephemera....plus I enjoyed a nice gingerbread latte on my way home from work on December 1st!


Day 2 is a clear page, so you can see day 3 peeking through too.


Christmas music, of course...


I tend to be doing basic pages on the front side of each day and than adding my journaling to the backside of that day.


Day five is a cute little tag I found in my stash.


I love the layered effect of using a mixture of tags, sheer pages, clear pages, patterned paper, envelopes, etc. I love how you can see all the layers together on some of these pages.


Day seven holds some receipts from my Christmas shopping adventures on Friday.


Of course I had to add the cute little SC tag to commemorate the day this lovely kit arrived and got me going on this project.


Love the AC velvet letters!


Day 9, today, we got our Christmas tree. It's not yet fully decorated, but when it is I plan on adding some pictures of the tree and my favorite ornaments.


Hope you enjoyed a nice weekend of Christmas magic and not too much holiday stress. I wish I had another full day of not working so I could get some more creations made. Stay tuned for photos of my Christmas tree....off to decorate!

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties December 9, 2007 at 7:42 PM  

I think I might have to agree, Christmas trees are magical and wonderful aren't they? Every year I ask Matt why we don't just leave ours up all year and just change the trimming ;).

Love the album ... funny I bought the same one to do mine this year, of course also highly inspired by Miss Ali E. but thus far I'm still a gathering things since I have no good LSS around here ... or not one that actually stocks current product, LOL. That's why I'm trying to blog a little each day and keep little things to add in later. Keep sharing, it looks awesome so far!

Princess Jessie Pants December 9, 2007 at 11:13 PM  

That is SOOOO cute! I love it. I don't have my SC kit yet - in fact I sent you an e-mail asking if you had yours before I read your blog. :) So, so cute.

Glad you had a good weekend.

Colleen December 16, 2007 at 8:35 AM  

wow, this album is fantastic! so inspiring!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP