Once again I am attempting to resurrect the blog. I haven't blogged in months and months, but lately I've been missing it. My goal for February was to get the blog back up and running. Nothing like waiting till the last minute....I would like to get back to regular blogging. I'd like to update and rearrange the blog. I'd like to add new content...we'll see...
I figure the Tuesday 10 is the perfect way to return to blogging, as it once was a favorite feature of mine. Here goes:
1. Tonight for dinner I cooked this amazing dish (minus the pancetta of course) and heated up some Rosemary Pea Risotto I made a couple nights ago. I may have eaten almost an entire pound of brussel sprouts on my own (so delicious), while my child picked out all of the peas from his risotto and proceeded to ask for more peas, only frozen. Yes, he likes frozen peas, in their frozen state. It started as a teething soother, but now he requests them. Strange I know. This crazy vegetable eater is clearly my child.
2. Tuesdays are generally the most difficult day in my classroom. Add to that a full moon and well, today was not my favorite. I may have just finished a bowl of this. Kind of negates the pound of brussel sprouts doesn't it.
3. I may have put my pajamas on at 6:30 tonight and was really tempted to climb in bed as soon as Aiden fell asleep. Too bad I needed to wash diapers (and eat ice cream). As soon as the load is finished, I am climbing in bed with my kindle app.
4. I stayed up way too late last night reading this book. I'm reading this book with a whole bunch of ladies for the Insta Book Nerds book club, a book club formed entirely on instagram. Nerdy, yet awesome, right? The first couple chapters were a little slow, but now I'm totally sucked in. Good choice for our first book.
5. I am attempting to catch up with Project Life. I've moved into February now, so that's a start. It would be nice to actually stay on top of it this year, but I'm not sure how that will go....Studio Calico project life kits are helping. My little monthly box helps the inspiration.
6. Speaking of projects....I really have way too many work in progress projects. I've got three projects on needles (although I've already finished two this year!), several pages of a quiet book for Aiden started, PL 2013, 2012 and 2011 to work on, my One Little Word album, Aiden's baby book...and that's only crafty projects. I've got work projects galore and don't even get me started on the list for the house. If only I had more hours in the day or needed less sleep.
7. Aiden's Easter outfit arrived today. Thank you BOGO President's Day sale and 20% coupon at Carters. Minus the jeans (which we already have) and the boat shoes, though I totally should order those. Adorable right? He'll need a fedora too, don't you think?
8. My child is ready for spring in the clothes department. Me on the other hand, I could use an update. I've been slowly purging clothes, bedding, crafty stuff and the like. I am so tired of a lot of my stuff. I'm in need of a good shopping spree. If only I had time and more money....
9. I also desperately want new bedding. Seriously bored with my bedroom. I want something fun and springy. It has to go with muted minty walls though because I am not painting...though that would be fun if someone else did the work for me....I've been visualizing some bright blues and yellows and have been eying this, but I also think something totally different like this would be fun. Although a fun, modern quilt like this would be awesome too. Any ideas?
10. I am also in need of a massage. And a facial. And a haircut. I actually have gift certificates for a massage and a facial, if only I could find the time to use them. Chances is are though the haircut will happen first. Aiden needs one too. I've been cutting it myself, but am not totally sure what to do with the front of his hair. Plus, he's got these crazy cowlicks and cute little curls and I'd hate to screw it up.
Here's to more blogging in the near future.