Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things

So it's been a long time since I blogged. It's just not been on my priority list. I'm slowly getting back to my normal routine. Feeling much better, but still not quite myself. Headed back to the doctor next week to discuss the possibility of GI issues and food intolerances. I am thinking a new diet is in my future, but we'll see what I find out. I'm also working on addressing my too full schedule--cutting back work hours, decreasing commitments and making time to return to yoga. It's been too long since I was consistently doing yoga or pilates and it's time to get back into it. Time to take better care of me.

So what have I been up to the past couple of months besides being sick? Well, a whole lot of nothing really. I've spent a lot of time in bed or on the couch. I've seen way to much daytime TV, got hooked on a few new (or new to me) shows, including reruns of Gilmore Girls and new episodes of Army Wives. I've watched a lot of movies, both old and new. I've read a huge stack of magazines and at least 4 books. I've spent a lot of time with my laptop surfing on the internet. I've had several good cries...not feeling well for so long is a bit rough emotionally. I've scrapbooked a little, but not until recently. I finished a scarf I was knitting and worked a bit on a blanket.

I also had a visit from this girl:


She came to cheer me up and we had a lovely lazy time together chatting, scrapbooking, watching movies, sunning by the pool and getting pedicures. I'm so glad she was able to come spend a few days with me and bring me some needed cheer. Nothing quite like some girlfriend time to make you feel a little better.

1 comments:

metrochic July 5, 2008 at 11:19 PM  

you, my dear girl, are too fabulous for words. xoxo.

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP