Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome to '08

Happy New Year!

Shawn and I had a very quiet evening last night and just hung out together. I actually knitted in the new year...I took a break for my midnight kiss of course...and still managed to stay up too late even without going anywhere!

Today, the first day of 2008 and the last day of my vacation, I have been trying to start the year of right with lots of creating and checking things off of my to do list. So far I've done

-all my laundry
-cleaned, purged and reorganized the scrap room
-packed a box for the trash to treasure swap and filled another bag of things to add to the boxes that arrive each month
-put away Christmas, which is never fun
-redone my blog...although I'm not thrilled with it
-finished my Christmas journal except for adding pictures
-got caught up with 52 Card Scrap Up

Here's my card from a couple of weeks ago with my prompt, "your favorite Christmas music."


I couldn't pick a favorite, it's too hard, so I just talked a bit about buying new CD's each year:


Here's last week's prompt from Jessie--"favorite moment from Christmas"


The journaling inside this Christmas tag says "I love opening presents. I love the whole idea of giving gifts--picking something special for friends and family, wrapping it up all nice and pretty and seeing their reactions when they open it on Christmas."

I'm not really a resolution sort of girl, but I usually reflect about what I want to do over the next year and the direction I would like my life to take. This year I would like to
-continue moving forward with all the house related projects that lie in my head
-get better about making time for exercise
-develop a new system for my work documentation and paperwork so that it is not such a dreaded chore...this one is wishful thinking for sure!
-continue to eat well and make time for my health and wellness
-take more photos, capture more of my life and be more present and mindful of the everyday. I think I've decide to make PRESENT my word for 2008.

With the new year comes lots of new challenges and projects too and ideas are popping up all over scrapland. I'm always a bit ambitious in January in terms of what I would like to participate in and what I think I can accomplish throughout the year. I've signed up for project 52...I know I'm not going to get to all of the projects, but I will begin a lovely little inspiration file with all of the great ideas I'm sure are to come from this workshop. I'd love to take part in Elise's Paper 08 project and think this might be a good way to utilize my 7 Gypsies ATC spinner. I've also signed on to participate in Lain's free class at Big Picture Scrapbooking, where the goal is to complete a page a day in January. Again, I'm not likely to get one done everyday, but I figured the daily prize raffles for posting a page might serve as good motivation. Here's my page for today:


And now that I've written a novel for you all, here's wishing you and yours a wonderful 2008!

4 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants January 1, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

Great post Erin! I love the LO (I was so sad to put away my button tree).

I really like your goals/things to work towards in 2008...great list.

Hope your first day of the year was fabulous!

Barb January 2, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

Love that you knitted in the new year with a break for a kiss. That's so cute! (and begging to be journaled on a LO)

Happy 2008!

casey boyd January 2, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Happy New Year Erin!!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties January 3, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Happy New Year!!

I love that you posted all of this goodness.

I love the cards, especially the FALALALALA ... so great.

And thank you for the inspiration. I've decide to do the Paper 08 as well, just need to get started on it ... I like that I can catch up as need be.

Oh and the button tree page ... totally love it!!!

Good luck with your goals!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP