Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday Tuesday

Today's 10:

1. Enjoying the extra time my summer schedule brings me, even though it means a tight budget around here for now.

2. Feeling much better about school obligations. While I'm still taking 3 post bacc. classes, starting grad classes in July and have a couple more test to take, I've got a better handle on things right now. The super light summer schedule helps too.

3. I've been knitting like crazy again in the evenings. Because its 100+ around here, its all about the cotton yarn. I'm a little dishcloth obsessed. Loving this one and thinking of tons of new color combos I can make it in:


4. Need to find some affordable stainless steel or PBA free plastic popsicle molds thanks to this post on Design Sponge. Since summer has arrived in full force, I think this is a necessary summer item.

5. Looking forward to some crafty time this afternoon with Miss Stephanie. Hoping to make quick and easy mini albums. Better pack up some stuff soon.

6. Spending freeze means I've been using my craft stash, which actually feels good. Here's a couple pages I made this weekend. My Project 12 for April:


Based on the last week's Sunday Sketch at Studio Calico (say that 5 times fast):


7. Looking for minimal cooking involved summer recipes. Got any to share? Really, I think I'm content to eat fruit and ice cream for the rest of the summer. Sounds like a healthy diet right?

8. Made some tasty gluten free muesli on Sunday. My mom has gone gluten free (or close to it) and she's been experimenting with gluten free baking. I've decided to play along a bit. Not going gluten free, but reducing my gluten intake. I might attempt some gluten free banana bread later this week, if I can bear to turn the oven on.

9. Shipped this little custom banner off yesterday. I'm glad I have some of this fabric left over. How cute is that birdie pattern?


10. If I want to enjoy my afternoon crafting, I'd better get off the computer and get to work. My goal for today is to finish at least one online lesson, preferably two. Back to work.

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Kelly L. June 8, 2010 at 9:37 AM  

OMG - I love that banner, but, even more, I love your decor/vignettes in your shelving unit! TO. DIE. FOR!
We are doing summer on a budget, too. It sucks.

Unknown June 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

I do not miss TX summers at all. :) Love the banner.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties June 8, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Yea, you got in some crafting ... is all well in your world again?!? :).

I love the April page, so great ... fun pictures :). And the banner is adorable ... good work!

Princess Jessie Pants June 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Such fun photos!! Love your April LO & the banner is just adorable. Beth is super excited about it!!

Eloise has requested that you come back in June. She says she's buying - although I don't think her piggy bank is quite that full yet... :D

Jacquie June 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

yep,,,its hot here too. I love that banner, and I need to learn how to knit, so cute!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP